Forum » Important Announcements » Changes Coming

November 13, 2015, 11:43 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate
Changes Coming

We are currently in the process of switching web hosts. The multitude of issues resulting from the Oct. 14, 2015 server move have proven so great, I have had it with the current web hosting company and have found another. I am not sure the exact day of the switch yet, I will put up the notification banner when I know, since the site may experience some downtime the day of the switch. I won't bore you all with the technical details.

A well as a new, better web host, we are getting NON flash chat in the new year, which will make things easier for many accessing the site via mobile devices. It will be very similar to what we have now and have even more features. Including the /me so many enjoy. The chat will also have the Youtube gallery feature so many enjoyed before it stopped working in the current chat, well it didn't stop working, but Youtube changed it's code and the chat people decided not to update their chat code, so in essence it stopped working since it wasn't being updated any longer.

There will also be banner ads in the chat for non premium members. We would very much appreciate anyone that enjoys the site to please get a premium membership or make a donation for an even larger contribution. I can currently only process credit cards from US residents, Canadians can do email money transfers. Hosting is hundreds of dollars a month, and ads simply do not come close to covering that, every premium member is very much appreciated. New, fancy, custom made chat software is NOT cheap, any contributions would be appreciated.

Non premium members will have a limit of three pics plus an avatar, premium members will have up to 25 pics plus an avatar. Some sites have NO pic uploads for non premium members. Ones that create additional accounts just to upload more pics, will be warned first and repeat offenders will be banned. For ones wanting to show additional pics, we suggest putting them on a free image hosting site, and then posting the link to your page there in your profile. All pictures in albums site wide will be deleted once the changes are ready to be rolled out, so they may then upload their maximum amount of pics and all pics will be categorized and tagged or they will not submit. All wall post pics will auto delete after 30 days unless you are a premium member.

Christmas is coming, why not gift some of the friends on your friends list with a premium membership? They'd appreciate the gesture, the extra features they'd get, and the site would benefit as well.

http://www.climaxconnection.com/premium/

http://www.climaxconnection.com/donate/

January 27, 2022, 12:27 pm
Susanna

Newcomer
Re: Changes Coming

How long ago it was, time goes on and on.

You have to be logged in to reply!