Forum » Important Announcements » Mobile Is Almost Ready

October 9, 2015, 5:12 am
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate
Mobile Is Almost Ready

Just to let every one know, no exact date yet, the site will be going through some changes, most notably the site will be changing to a more mobile friendly front end and with that bringing in some minor changes to the appearance of the site. (The chat will remain the same for a few more months).

We also have a few other things going on too, as most will be aware we are going to be deleting all pictures on the site to usher in a new system for uploading images, users will no longer be able to create unlimited albums and upload unlimited images, instead there will be a limit of 1 album, 3 images and one avatar display picture unless you have premium. Wall post pics will also be deleted after 30 days unless one is a premium member.

The reason the site is taking this action is to stop people using the site as a personal image storage, there were cases of people having thousands of pictures and not even logging in again, so to stop this we needed to add in a new system. Premium members will have access to unlimited albums and up to 25 images though while they are premium, once premium runs out all additional images and albums will be hidden until you renew.

The last change will be a change in servers, again happening through the coming week or so, we will be changing to new improved servers to hopefully speed up the site for mobile, this may result in downtime over the coming week, so please do not all email the site saying its down, we will be aware of it and working to have it all back up asap.

A few extra additions to the site have been made too, there will be new options under profile edit for additional information like favorite color, TV show, movie, vacation spots, music and few others. Some of you have already noticed that addition and filled it out. We are also adding in user ratings for those who like to rate their friends or just want to rate someone they shared a great conversation with.

The last addition is user notes, this allows you to write notes for users such as "Rob_ is most amazing person ever". These notes are only for you, this means nobody else not even the user you are writing the note about can see it. Notes can be useful, you may want to jot something down about a user to jog your memory the next time you visit their page. This is especially useful if you chat with many members and have a hard time recalling something you'd like to have made a note of.

As you can tell we have a busy week ahead and with all these types of improvements and additions we expect to have a few problems and bugs when implementing them all and ask for everyone to remain patient while we continue to improve on the site and are really grateful for your continued support. Thank you.

October 24, 2015, 2:06 am
hazuki

Newcomer
Re: Mobile Is Almost Ready

Hopefully it will all be good for mobiles my flash browser crashing alot
October 22, 2015, 8:22 am
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

The only thing ones need the flash enabled Puffin browser for currently is the flash chat, and as explained in the post, the chat will not be changing for the next long while. The site and the chat are separate and the chat is not being changed at this time, so for ones that wish to use the chat on mobile devices, they will continue to need the Puffin browser.

As I say in the post, as long as very few people get the premium level, things will not be as ideal as they could be. This sites running costs are mostly out of my pocket each and every month, there is NO profit, it doesn't even come close to covering hosting costs. If just 5% of site members got premium, it would be better for the entire site and no financial burden to me, which I realize most people here couldn't care less about. People want the site to enjoy, but they do not wish to contribute in any way to keeping the site up by getting the paid level I would put towards a non flash chat, a better web host with faster support and more features.

I have priced the premium level very low, most sites cost that a month, not a year, and extra features are offered for paid level members. 5% is my minimum goal for paid level members. Does the site not give you $2.08 a month enjoyment? Is the site not worth $2.08 to you each month to enjoy it (that's the 12 month $24.99 premium price divided by 12 months cost)? That is less than 7 cents a day, that's it. Two pennies and a nickle a day, yet most do not care who's dime they are here on, complain if everything isn't perfect, even though they aren't paying a cent to help. You can see how it's difficult at times to be civil to ones here for free on my dime when they don't contribute if they breathe a word of complaint. We keep it as troll free as possible, cam girls free, very stable and a feature rich, well put together site.
October 10, 2015, 3:04 pm
Rob_

Premium Member

Newcomer

The mobile side is only the site not the chat. Though the current chat works perfectly fine on mobiles and tablets if you have a flash browser like Puffin or some thing along the same lines.
October 10, 2015, 1:33 pm
EnglishChap

Newcomer

Does the move to be more mobile friendly mean the welcome death of flash for chat?

You have to be logged in to reply!