Forum » Feature Requests » What Features Or Additions Would Compel You To Become A Premium Member?

March 22, 2016, 2:42 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate
What Features Or Additions Would Compel You To Become A Premium Member?

We are looking to boost premium memberships on the site and wondering what features or additions would compel you to actually get premium. We are looking to get a minimum of 5% of paid level members from the member base. Perhaps the site offers too much for free as it is and current features should be scaled back for non premium members to encourage more members. Pictures are very soon going to scaled back with a limit of 3 pictures plus an avatar for non paying members, this should have been a limit from day one.

We are interested in hearing your thoughts on this. I kept the premium prices quite low in comparison to other similar sites that have premium levels to encourage more to sign up. Feel free to leave your suggestions below.

March 26, 2016, 2:35 am
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate
Re: What Features Or Additions Would Compel You To Become A Premium Member?

Unfortunately that is because I am Canadian and use an American payment processor. It is certainly not my choice at all, it limits me terribly. Visa and Mastercard have insane rules, but I must abide by them. I can only process US cards, Canadians can do Interac, which is good for them, it keeps their privacy totally if that is a concern, people from other countries would be limited to mailing me a payment in an envelope to my P.O. Box in USD, which I seriously doubt many would bother to do.

Adult merchant accounts have all sorts of bizarre rules, especially when I am using a payment processor from the US and I am Canadian. To be able to process cards from non US countries, I'd have to get a whole other type of account in addition to the one I have, but I just do not have the volume of international transactions to justify the expense of it. Things are made a lot easier for ones that are US based, and "the big boys", sites like Xhamster (another Canadian based site with a premium level as an example) with offshore accounts, I won't bore you all with the technical details, as they are indeed boring, unfair and quite involved.

I know of a couple of other sites in this vein that are using PayPal under the table and against the rules, sadly it's just not an option if you do things above board and by the rules. I certainly wish I could offer that, it would be the simplest thing all round, but I cannot.

Ones if they are paranoid, worried about spouses finding out etc, can get pre paid cards and enter John Smith and a fake zip code and state. Some people I process cards for get pre paid cards and I just fill in John Smith, 90210, CA. They do not need a street address for pre paid cards and in fact if they do, it will not go through. If ones from other countries even try, it will just decline it, as I was made to block all countries except the US. Rules are often unfair, but we must abide by them for various reasons.  

March 25, 2016, 11:18 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

Queen_of_Hearts, I am glad you asked this. I am the first to admit when I started this site I had no idea what I was doing. I had altruistic intentions and had no idea the costs or what was involved. Fools really do rush in where angles fear to tread. I have always been honest with ones if they asked about some costs. People see ads they assume that means profit, in reality ads cover less than 1/3 of running costs, the most is out of my own pocket. Had I envisioned these things before the site went up, limits would have been in from the start.

Non premium members will have 3 pics + an avatar, premium ones will have 25 pics + an avatar.

Messages will be limited to 3 per day.

All wall post pics your friends have left you will be auto erased after 30 days for non premium members.

If someone comments on your pics, audios, stories, you will only be able to read the first 5 comments ones have left you.

We aren't truly taking anything away, we are limiting, which is the only sensible thing to do. I can think of a few similar sites where there is NO pics or messages if you aren't a paying member. I kept the prices very low to encourage ones to become premium. 5% doesn't seem like a lofty goal of paid members, but it would make a world of difference if it happened. More features, it could help pay for more site advertising to get it more well known about, there's all sorts of good that could come if I had that 5% paid membership base to pay for things. Anyone can inbox me with any questions if they don't feel comfortable posting them in the forum here.

March 22, 2016, 8:28 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

Well I provided the platform, I cannot make the ladies be interested in the guys. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

You have to be logged in to reply!