Forum » General Topics » Are Chat Rooms a thing of the past?

August 20, 2014, 10:18 am
eric60red

Fledgling
Are Chat Rooms a thing of the past?

I am a chat addict,, Its something to do with the  excitement of seduction, and chatting to make new friends.  I have noticed that some chat rooms are showing a decline in numbers.   Are people using Skype, Yahoo,etc ,  are they using Mobile phones?  Or has the message  not to talk to strangers  started to have an effect?  To show what I mean at the moment there are  42 members online, and only 8 in  the chat rooms.  What are the 42 doing, reading stories, checking the forums,looking at photos?  I am just curious. ;)

October 23, 2014, 8:31 am
eric60red

Fledgling
Re: Are Chat Rooms a thing of the past?

somebody tells me that folk are using face books messenger to chat.  Do they allow erotic talk?
September 12, 2014, 6:44 am
eric60red

Fledgling

Im an addict can.t help it
September 5, 2014, 7:01 am
eric60red

Fledgling

what is your favorite room?
August 28, 2014, 11:27 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

That's right, Eric. it never ceases to amaze me how some literally will pop in and back out in a few seconds. How do they expect ones to accumulate? Popping in for 3 seconds does no one any good. Even if you sit in there and are in other tabs, stay for at least 15 min to see who else might happen by. I've seen times when within 10 min more than a handful will go in and back out in seconds. If they all stayed for at least 15 min, the numbers sitting in chat would raise dramatically, yet they insist on the pop in and out bit, so it becomes a circle.

Also, ones that pop in and say, "Boy, sure is slow in here," or words to that effect. Does that do anyone any good? Are they telling any of their online friends about it here? Are they posting a link on their Yahoo instant messenger for ones on their list to see it? That costs nothing and takes like 2 seconds to do, yet would notify others of our exisitance. It's quite simply easier for them to complain about it than do even the littlest effort to change things or contribute to the community they wish to be a part of, yet do nothing to improve.

It's like that old shampoo commercial below, if they told two friends, and so on and so on. Things will reach a tipping point where a certain number of people will be here and then it will snowball, I haven't a doubt, but it's getting it to that point, and NOT with the temporary gatecrashers, but ones who want to be here then it will grow.
August 28, 2014, 4:51 pm
eric60red

Fledgling

Thats good to hear, so if every one who is a living member brought in one new member, it could double.
August 24, 2014, 7:20 pm
fire

Newcomer

*claps* Very well said, couldn't agree more, and very much appreciated :)
August 22, 2014, 8:20 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

No, they aren't a thing of the past, but sad to say it takes a lot longer to get the word out about a site than you would think. So many people have opened, deleted and opened another account, the number of profiles shown in the footer is not indicative of the actual number of individual people. You could likely take that number of nearly 23,000 and divide it by 3 or 4. So not nearly the number it appears know about the site actually do. There's an entire internet of people out there to let know about the site.

I am friendly with someone else that works on a similar site, and they told me it honestly took a good 3 years for them to get a following, we are only a couple of weeks past 2 years since CC went up in beta and only 9 months since it went live. It's a much longer road than I'd thought.

I am doing my best to promote it and appreciate every single one of our regular visitors that are such strong supporters of the site. I am not going anywhere, great things come from humble beginnings. I believe in this site and that a quality site was needed. Spreading the word is the thing that takes time and effort and money for ads.
August 21, 2014, 5:57 am
eric60red

Fledgling

In that case what were the other 6 doing, twiddling their thumbs? ;)
August 20, 2014, 4:31 pm
fire

Newcomer

maybe its more of a niche thing now, I don't know. Plus I bet out of those eight only probably two were chatting...

You have to be logged in to reply!